- For first time sugaring client only (those who have never sugared) a two week grow out is preferred
- For regular sugaring clients (those who get sugared monthly) hair growth needs to be only 1/16” to be removed.
- Avoid exfoliating area to be sugared 24 hours prior to sugaring treatment.
- Avoid any oils or moisturizing creams the day of your appointment as this can inhibit the action of the sugar.
- Avoid sun exposure to skin 24 hours prior to sugaring treatment. Sunburned skin WILL NOT be sugared.
- Cleansing the area to be sugared thoroughly is appreciated.
- Baths are very helpful prior to sugaring treatments as they open the follicle and allow easier extraction.
- Follicular Bleeding and/or Follicular Inflammation (may look like little white bumps): Tiny red spots may appear on the skin for a few hours, or even a day or so in some cases. If this happens, it is just an indication that the hairs have been removed from the follicle and it is quite normal after a treatment. They will disappear. You can treat white bumps with astringent. Do not pick!
- The first appointment is the most uncomfortable of them all, but why?
- If you have been shaving, the first treatment is the worst, due to the fact that the bulb at the base of the hair shaft is enlarged. The more treatments you receive, the weaker the roots get and the easier it is to remove the hair. Due to the way hair grows, it will take a few months to replace the shaven hair with a natural hair growth.
- In-grown Hairs
Many people are subject to ingrown hairs due to the hair being pulled out of the follicle for weeks giving the dead skin cells a chance to form over the mouth of the follicle, thus causing the hair to grow under the skin when in appears. There are many ways to help reduce the formation of ingrown hairs:
- Mechanical exfoliation (natural loofah or exfoliating gloves)
- Soaking in warm bath with sea salts
- Using products such as PFB, Anti Bac Body wash or Acne Pads.
- Make sure skin stays hydrated, a general body lotion works great. Be mindful of sensitive areas.
- Diminishing Hair Growth
Depending on how dense the hair growth is on each individual, it ranges from 18 months for people with light hair growth to 3 years for people with heavy growth. Clients notice results based on personal satisfaction. The more you stick to your scheduled appointments the better your results.
- Do not shave or use hair removal creams in between sugaring treatments, especially Brazilian sugaring treatments. This will interfere with the goal to refine and diminish hair growth. Please contact me if you are in between appointments and question what to do.
- Avoid sun exposure 24 hours after sugaring treatment. This is just to be safe and cover all bases, most clients never have an issue.
- Avoid lace underwear, especially if you are prone to ingrown hairs. All cotton underwear is ideal.